M3-RS-U Rotary Smart Stage: Rotary micro stage with built-in closed-loop controller is the easy, all-in-on solution for embedded micro motion.
These “smart stages” have all electronics integrated into the compact rotary micro stage – no external controller required. Along with smallest system size, this makes for fastest, easiest integration into your handheld and portable systems.
High precision, smallest size and unmatched ease of use
Download datasheet here.
- Smallest size: < 12 mm diameter including controller
- Closed-loop controller embedded in micro stage
– no separate controller needed
- 3.3 VDC input
- Direct input of motion commands (I2C, SPI, UART or analog servo)
- Angular resolution 0.025 deg (440 µrad) closed loop
– built-in absolute position sensor
- Angular resolution 0.0057 deg (100 µrad) open loop
with external position sensor provided by user
- Absolute encoding and position feedback
- Holds position with zero power and no jitter
- Fast integration for embedded motion in smaller instruments
- Beam steering and mirror positioning applications requiring precise, point-to-point positioning or dynamic scanning up to 100 Hz.
- Dermatology lasers
- Fluorescence microscopes
- 3D imaging instruments
- In-vivo and in-vitro micro laser surgery
- 3D printers
- LIDAR, 3D measurement, spectroscopy
- Remote sensing (e.g. pollution sources)
- Image and hand tremor stabilization
- Laser marking, engraving, machining
- Free-space optical communication
- Variable optical attenuation
- Fiber-to-fiber optical switching
Aerospace and Defense
- Target designation, jitter compensation
- Automated obstacle detection, tracking and avoidance for robots, UAVs, etc.
Developer’s Kits for Rotary Positioning
The M3-RS-U-360 Rotary Smart Stage offers precise, point-to-point positioning or dynamic scanning up to 100 Hz.The rotary microstage in this kit offers continuous 360 degree rotation at up to 1100 degrees per second with accuracy of 0.25 degrees. Further information here.