VGA scientific EMCCD with Frame Interline Transfer
The digital KITE EMCCD camera, model KI247-CL, combines high sensitivity, speed and high resolution. It uses a peltier cooled Texas Instruments' 640 x 480 Interline Transfer Impactron device which provides QE up to 53%.
It uses a 16 bit A/D converter and offers a standard CameraLink output.
The KITE camera offers outstanding performance for low light applications such as fluorescence imaging, astronomy, electrophoresis, X-ray and hyperspectral imaging.
The camera is fully compatible with the XCAP software from EPIX (link). This high performance Image Analysis Software offers easy-to-use menus and dialogs and allows simple or complex imaging tasks to be effortlessly completed.
KITE is also fully compatible with the Micro-Manager software. uManager provides a universal, flexible and free software platform for automated microscopy. Combined with ImageJ, mManager provides a full featured microscope management and image processing package, with quality and ease of use standards equal to commercial software.
The KITE EM247 camera features:
- 658 x 496 EMCCD sensor - Enables optimum image resolution in low light imaging applications
- B/W EMCCD technology - Enables high sensitivity imaging with 1000x on-chip gain
- 16 bit CameraLink output - Provides wide dynamic range
- 53% QE from Virtual Phase sensor - Optimum Photon collection
- Frame Interline Transfer (FIT) - No mechanical shutter required, less smear at shorter exposures
- High frame rate imaging - Enables capture of fast events
- Adaptive Optics and Astronomy
- Calcium signaling
- Fluorescence imaging / spectroscopy
- Flow cytometry
- FRET / FRAP / TIRF
- Genome sequencing
- High content screening
- High resolution fluorescence imaging
- Hyperspectral imaging
- Live Cell Imaging
- Single molecule detection
- Solar Cell Inspection
- X-ray tomography
Download full data sheet here.
See video of Shooting Star taken with a Kite here.