New Corona™ fiber lasers™ fiber lasers from nLIGHT® feature programmable beam quality enabled by groundbreaking all-fiber technology. Rapid tuning of the fiber laser spot size optimizes machine tool performance across all metals and thicknesses. Corona enables the development of highly versatile machine tools so job shops and factories can truly "have it all". No longer must they choose between purchasing multiple tools, accepting compromised performance from existing tools, or using complex, expensive, and fragile free-space optical technologies.
With one Corona laser, users can rapidly select from high-intensity, small-spot-size beams to large, donut-shaped beams, and everything in between. This dramatic advance allows optimal thick and thin metal cutting, higher cutting speed and quality, and improved piercing and small-feature processing with the same tool. The unmatched performance and flexibility of Corona fiber lasers also negate the need for post processing, enabling factory automation and “lights out” operation. End users get the best of all worlds—the speed of high-power fiber lasers for thin metal processing, the quality of CO2 lasers for thick metal processing, and the high uptime and low operating costs of a fiber laser solution.
Corona's "no compromises" performance is unattainable with any other technology and is derived from its unique, all-fiber design.
Key Features and Benefits
- All-fiber tuning of beam shape retains fiber laser performance, stability, efficiency, and reliability.
- Lack of free-space optics and beam combination-techniques avoids complex, sensitive and performance-limiting hardware.
- Rapid beam switching time of less than 30 ms with the laser operating at full power.
- Design maximizes laser lifespan with no maintenance or calibration requirements and no impact on power consumption, efficiency, size or installation requirements.
- Edge-quality and thickness-range benefits are achieved at full cutting speed to facilitate maximum productivity.
- Greatly improved roughness, edge straightness and perpendicularity negate the need for post processing.
- Eliminates need for zoom process heads, fiber-to-fiber couplers, switches and other free-space optical approaches that increase system size and complexity and degrade performance and reliability.